Sunday, September 20, 2015

RESET and REFOCUS

I've slacked. I've done it before and I have done it again. I was on a roll with eating healthy and working out and then one day I stopped and it just snowballed into two weeks. Now I ask myself 'why do I let this happen?'

Sadly, I have come to realize this is a habit. Start something and don't finish.

- registered for half marathons: always started training, but never finished the training program (I think the furthest I have gotten is halfway)

- started a sewing project, but have not completed any of them

- started working out for a 21 day workout and only get through one week

- started reading a book and still haven't finished it

And don't get me started on things at work.


These are just more of the recent examples within the past year or so that I can think of right now. I realize with the half marathons that I was going to injure myself if I continued to race like I did and not properly train. For my sewing projects, I used to love working on these. I am not sure what has happened to that feeling. Working out...oh this is the one that bothers me the most. You would think I can work out for just the 30 minutes a day I needed to, but I always find the excuse-

            I'm tired - I'm sore - I'm not feeling well - I have other more important things I need to do



The list goes on.

Now comes time to figure out why and make the change.

1) I feel guilty
            For whatever reason, I feel guilty when I do something that is enjoyable. Why? Well because I can think of a ton of things that I should be doing instead such as laundry, cleaning dishes, cleaning the house, take the dog for a walk, run errands etc.
           
2) I don't have the motivation
            I tend to find reasons why not to do something, and the biggest one that comes to mind is that it is a 'waste of time.' It really goes hand in hand with #1.

These are my two biggest hurdles to overcome. I don't even know how I got into this mindset, but over the past 10 or so years (maybe longer) this is where I have landed.

Starting today, I am going to do something for myself and truly for myself.

It's time to RESET my mind and body and REFOCUS on what is important to me and not everyone else. It's time for my PLOT TWIST!



No comments:

Post a Comment