Wednesday, January 20, 2016

This May Just Be For Me...

I won't lie. I am horrible at finishing things or seeing it through. For whatever reason, it has been a challenge for me and I feel like it is more of a challenge as I continue into my adult life. So no one may read this ever...and I am ok with that. I am doing this blog for me.

It is a new year and while I did make some resolutions, I have not put all of them into practice just yet. I have found that if I try everything at once I fail and then I continue to lose hope. My first resolution was to be a 366er. That is, drink Shakeology every day for the entire year. I made it seven days before I missed a day...and then I missed another day...and another. It was 4 days missed. Needless to say, I was really disappointed in myself. Yes I was on vacation and yes I did get sick, but those are just excuses. I am drinking it again, but I will be honest, I have missed a day here and there. However, this is how I am looking at it...drinking it now...this year is already better than what I was doing last year. I am getting the vitamins and minerals all sorts of good stuff in this shake. I'll talk about the cost issue that so many people bring up later.

My second resolution was to get back to working out. I feel like this is a chore for me. Funny because growing up I was so freakin' active. I would run, ride my bike, play sports etc. It was fun! Now as an adult I find it harder to put in time for me...and it's only my fault because I love to find excuses. So Monday, I restarted the 21 day fix program. Now I am by no means perfect. I don't know if people ever perceive me as perfect (and I really hope not) but I finished Day 1, but guess what, Day 2 was supposed to be yesterday, but I did it today. So one may say I am a day behind, and last year I would have said the same and then made up some lame excuse that I am already off track so I might as well just stop and wait for a new week. I then started thinking "What is wrong with you!?!?!?!" There is nothing that says if you missed a day to stop until the following week. So I did Day 2's workout tonight. It was a great feeling! Plus, last night my husband and I fell asleep at 8:30...may be lame, but it felt wonderful to both of us sleep soundly.

So those are two of my resolutions. Eating healthy is another one, and with working out that is going to be a bit easier. However, I am not putting that into full effect until February. I'm taking baby steps. I am tired of disappointing myself.

With all this being said, I must always keep in mind that I am a better person today than I am yesterday. And guess what....YOU ARE TOO!
My Day 1-Plyo. 21 Day Fix Extreme

No comments:

Post a Comment