Sunday, February 14, 2016

Let's Rewind a Bit Shall We?

A month and a half has already passed us by in 2016, and I have to just step back for a second and look at where I was a year ago. A lot can happen in a year...

My "March Mental Day."
Catching up on the mags.
Around this same time last year, my job was pretty much on the line. There were certain requirements that had to be met- Employee Sales Program was one of them. I had only a two months before I would hit my 1 year mark in my current position before I would be on my 60 day notice and out the door. I was frustrated, angry, annoyed....you name it, I felt it. I liked my job, and I didn't want to lose it, but I was to the point where I felt like I was hopeless. I felt the pressure from my co-workers, my boss....everyone.

Come March I was pretty much in the same spot as before to the point where my husband said I should just take a day off work. I am not one to just take a day off just because...that's how messed up my mentality was at that point. However, I did it...I took the day off. I wallowed in bed for the first half of the day pitying myself, but around noon I told myself to knock it off and get up. I got dressed, went for a jog since it was so warm outside, and then sat and read three magazines that I forgot I even received. In the end, it was a great day. Oh yes....I forgot...I also baked a cake.

Little did I know that day would be a turning point for me. At the time, I didn't realize it, but from that day forward I started putting myself first a little more instead of shoving me to the back of the line and in a corner.

First lunch meal prep
Finished the Cherry
Blossom 10 Mile Run-
No TRAINING. What
Was I thinking? Oh yeah...
I wasn't.
I started by little things such as trying meal prepping our lunches and working out. Any one who knows me knows that I have a hard time staying consistent. I go for something for awhile and then I eventually stop. For example...I have run 4 half marathons. For each one, I would start training, but by month two or so my excuses started racking up and then the training would stop. I would still run the race, but the sad thing is that I would brag about how I finished and say "I didn't even train for it properly." Who does that? How is that a good thing? I didn't train properly...I could have injured myself!!!

July was probably the best major turning point of 2015 for me. I was provided with an opportunity. It took a little convincing of my husband because I wanted his support in what I wanted to do, and eventually he got on board. So what was the opportunity? To become a coach through Beachbody.

Now, now now....we all have our opinions on everything. Some people may not like it, others like it. Whatever the case may be, this has been a decision I made and I feel like it was one of the best.
Starting my workouts and trying
to hold myself more accountable.

Why? Well there are 2 Why's. Why did I decide to do it? Why Beachbody?

1) My Why- To be honest, my original why was truly just to hold myself more accountable and to get back into fitness. That was the first part of my reason. My second part is because I wanted to prove people wrong. I know...it sounds horrible, but it's true. Maybe it was more in my head than what I truly saw, but I was tired. Tired of not standing up for myself. Tired of not having my own opinions. Tired of being put down. So part of it was to prove others they were wrong about me. The other part is I wanted this for me.

2) Why Beachbody?- Yes there are a TON of ways out there to get fit and healthy, but I needed a little guidance. I wanted something that would work and provide long term changes and become a lifestyle, not just a short term fix. BB provides me with the ground work...workouts that make me work for what I want (6 pack abs...never in my life have I had these), a better understanding of healthy foods, and the community and support to help me feel motivated and be with me every step of the way. The bonus? I also get to help others.

So MY WHY was to prove people wrong....that was when I started back in July. NOW- I could care less on proving people wrong. I did this for me...worrying about what others think of me is not going to get me closer to a healthier, happier me. My own hard work and determination is going to get me there.

I was short changing myself. I did that for almost 30 years. Don't do that to yourself. Whatever your passion is, whatever you truly want in life....BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and GO FOR IT! It will be your best decision, and you'll never look back and wonder WHAT IF?




No comments:

Post a Comment